HOMELESSNESS INTERVENTION & PREVENTION DROP-IN CENTER
Your pathway out of poverty starts here. Your first stepping-stone is connecting to emergency services at the Primavera Foundation. You may begin to regain your dignity through staff and volunteer compassion, and receiving mail and essential toiletries. You may find immediate relief and shelter as you recover from economic crisis while acquiring information and connecting with additional support services to live independently and offset future crises.
Stop by the Center
We are here to listen to your story and to work with you about what you need in order to move in a positive direction in your life. You may need to:
- BREAK FROM THE WEATHER - We provide shelter and housing referrals as well as a way to escape the elements. Additionally, we provide material assistance in the form of blankets, water, and sunscreen.
- RECEIVE HYGIENE ITEMS - We provide restrooms and a variety of basic hygiene products, and over-the-counter medications to those in need. Products available depend upon donations received. Not all products are available at all times. Eligibility: Provide us with your name and some basic demographic information.
- RECEIVE A FOOD BOX - We provide food boxes distributed through the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona once a month to individuals and families, as well as occasional donated food items, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eligibility: Provide us with your name, photo ID, some basic demographic information, and proof of residence. In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, Primavera Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Read the full USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.
- OBTAIN AN ARIZONA ID - We provide a resource to obtain Arizona identification, including acquiring source documents to obtain ID's. Learn More
- RECEIVE SUPPLIES FOR YOUR PET - Thanks to our helpful community partner, Pima County Animal Care Center (PACC) and Friends of PACC, we are able to provide pet food and other pet supplies. Supplies are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Closed Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday
In order to promote the health and safety of participants and staff during the COVID-19 crisis, HIP will require handwashing before entrance to the drop-in center and that a mask be worn at all times inside.
Simply stop by our Drop-In Center.
Homelessness Intervention & Prevention Drop-In Center
702 S. 6th Ave
Tucson, AZ, 85701
Monday, Wednesday - Friday, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Closed Tuesdays, Saturdays, & Sundays. No appointment necessary.