HOMELESSNESS INTERVENTION & PREVENTION DROP-IN CENTER
Your pathway out of poverty starts here. Your first stepping-stone is connecting to emergency services at the Primavera Foundation. You may begin to regain your dignity through staff and volunteer compassion, mail and voice messages, essential toiletries, and showers. You may find immediate relief and shelter as you recover from economic crisis while acquiring information and connecting with additional support services to live independently and offset future crises.
Stop by the Center
We are here to listen to your story and to work with you about what you need in order to move in a positive direction in your life. You may need to:
- BREAK FROM THE WEATHER - We provide shelter and housing options as well as a way to escape the elements. Additionally, we provide material assistance in the form of blankets, water, and sunscreen.
- RECEIVE HYGIENE ITEMS - We provide restrooms and a variety of basic hygiene products, and over-the-counter medications to those in need. Products available depend upon donations received. Not all products are available at all times. Eligibility: Provide us with your name and some basic demographic information.
- RECEIVE A FOOD BOX - We provide food boxes distributed through the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona once a month to individuals and families, as well as occasional donated food items, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eligibility: Provide us with your name, photo ID, some basic demographic information, and proof of residence.
- OBTAIN AN ARIZONA ID - We provide a resource to obtain Arizona identification, including acquiring source documents to obtain ID's. Learn More
- RECEIVE A "GO KIT" FOR YOUR DOG - Thanks to our helpful community partner, Pima County Animal Care Center (PACC) and Friends of PACC, we are able to provide pet food, collapsible bowls, leashes, collars, paw booties, and other basic supplies for pet owners in need (available Wednesdays from 10:30a–12:30p).
Primavera’s HIP Program is on the move!
The Primavera Foundation is happy to announce that the location at 702 S. 6th Avenue will be rebuilt over the next year and a half. The 702 S. 6th Avenue location will be closed and programs at that location will be relocated during construction.
Primavera’s Homelessness Intervention and Prevention Program (HIP) will now be located at 811 S. 6th Ave.
The Drop-In center and services through the HIP program will now be located a block south at 811 S. 6th Avenue, across the street from St. Vincent de Paul’s. The phone number stays the same: 623-5111.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Closed Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday
In order to promote the health and safety of participants and staff during the COVID-19 crisis, HIP will provide only the following services:
- Mail and packages
- Community Access Point for Coordinated Entry
- Hygiene Supplies
- Pet food
- Water and food
Simply stop by our Drop-In Center. Or, feel free to call anytime: 8:00 am – 5:00pm
Homelessness Intervention & Prevention Drop-In Center
811 S. 6th Ave
Tucson, AZ, 85701
Monday, Wednesday - Friday, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Closed Tuesdays, Saturdays, & Sundays. No appointment necessary.