RENT & UTILITY ASSISTANCE
Rent assistance is a program that can help you stay housed by assisting you with rent at a time of hardship. Call (520) 395-6420 only on the first business day of the month to leave a voicemail message with your name and phone number. You will receive a returned call within 48 hours, to be informed of the availability of limited funds and receive more information. Once the voice mailbox is full, you will not be able to leave a message until the next first business day of the month when you call again.
Walk-ins are not accepted for this program.
You may be eligible for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You have been issued a 5-day eviction notice.
- You have not received rent assistance in the past 12 months.
- You have experienced a hardship that caused you to be unable to pay rent (example: loss of job, major medical bill, car repair, etc.).
- You have the ability to pay next month’s rent.
- Your income meets the program qualifications.
On your first visit with a resource specialist, you will be asked to provide us with some documentation:
- photo ID for all adults
- Social Security card for adults and children
- birth certificates for children
- five-day eviction notice
- proof of hardship
- proof of ability to pay next month's rent
- income for all members of the household for the last 30 days (employment, Social Security, unemployment)
We provide assistance through the Home Energy Assistance Fund to low-income Arizona families and struggling households to pay energy bills from Southwest Gas. This includes: current and past due charges, including deposits, late charges, reestablishment fees, and other related costs and fees.
Primavera may also provide utility deposits for electric, gas, water, and home telephone services.
For more details, please refer to the document below.