FINANCIAL EDUCATION & EMPOWERMENT
Motivated participants benefit from a variety of financial empowerment and asset-building services. These include incentive-based savings plans, credit restoration services, homebuyer education, and homeownership opportunities. Achieving long-term financial success is definitely within reach.
Free Financial Empowerment Classes
Financial education is about life-long, smart money decisions. You can find out how to set money goals, understand credit scores and credit reports, manage your money, avoid identity theft, avoid predatory lending, learn about banking relationships, and understand employment opportunities.
To get started, you must first attend an orientation session by calling (520) 882-5383 x162 or email email@example.com to register.
Orientations are offered on Mondays in English or Wednesdays in Spanish. Both orientations and classes are held at our Administrative Offices located at the Jim & Vicki Click Training Center in Tucson, Arizona: 151 W. 40th St.
AT YOUR ORIENTATION SESSION:
You will be asked to provide COPIES of the following documentation:
- Intake form (download below)
- Photo ID
- Social Security card
- One month-proof of all household income (ie: pay stubs, SSI, SSD and/or pension award letters, etc.)
- One month-bank statement(s) (all checking, savings accounts, etc.)
- $30.05 for a complete, individual credit report (or $60.10 per couple) check or money order. You do not have to pay this fee if you bring a copy of a complete credit report that has been obtained within the past three months.
"Her Family" Program - Free Financial Empowerment Classes for Mothers and Children
Her Family program is a special program single mothers and their children to learn all about building a healthy financial future. Plus, Primavera provides money for you and your child(ren) just for participating in classes.
- Work with a financial counselor one-on-one to create an action plan that will get your credit in shape.
- Prepare a family budget.
- Open a savings account and begin saving for the future. Earn $125 to start off! And, a $10 grocery gift card for each of the first three (3) one-on-one financial counseling sessions attended.
- Be eligible to participate in Primavera’s additional financial education programs.
- Participate in family budgeting.
- Attend classes provided by the Girl Scouts and/or The University of Arizona Credit Wise Cats.
- Open a savings account and begin saving for the future. Earn $65 to start off!
The classes are geared towards single women and their children. You are eligible for the program if you are a single woman with a child(ren) between the ages of 6 and 17.
"Mis Abuelitos" Program - Free Financial Empowerment Classes for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
The Mis Abuelitos program is similar to the Her Family mother and children program, yet for grandparents raising their grandchildren.
The classes are geared towards grandparents raising their grandchildren. You are eligible for the program if you are a grandparent raising your grandchild(ren) between the ages of 6 and 17.