EMERGENCY RENT & UTILITY ASSISTANCE
Rental assistance is a program that can help you stay housed by assisting you with rent at a time of hardship. Call (520) 395-6420 to check on availability of funds and receive more information. Funds are limited and by appointment only. Walk-ins are not accepted for this program.
You may be eligible for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You have been issued a 5-day eviction notice.
- You have not received rent assistance in the past 12 months.
- You have experienced a hardship that caused you to be unable to pay rent (example: loss of job, major medical bill, car repair, etc.).
- You have the ability to pay next month’s rent.
- Your income meets the program qualifications.
On your first visit with a resource specialist you will be asked to provide us with some documentation on your intake visit:
- photo ID for all adults
- Social Security card for adults and children
- birth certificates for children
- five-day eviction notice
- proof of hardship
- proof of ability to pay next month's rent
- income for all members of the household for the last 30 days (employment, Social Security, unemployment)