SAFE, AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOUSING
Stability – Primavera helps men, women, and families who are homeless transition to a stable lifestyle by providing safe, affordable housing and steady employment.
Primavera is proud to play a part in the solution for affordable housing in Arizona and is committed to providing safe, affordable housing options to men, women, couples, and families. Read the Arizona Housing Alliance Home Matters report on the affordable housing situation in Arizona.
Primavera is committed to providing safe, affordable housing options to women, men, couples, and families.
Jill turned 60 around the same time when she had her own place to stay for the first time in nearly six years. Jill is a graduate of Casa Paloma, Primavera’s housing for formerly homeless women. At the thought of her own apartment, an aura of pure joy surrounds her and she smiles so deeply that her eyes cannot be seen.
Meet the Sahr-Alvarez Family
For a while, Angela Sahr worked at both a bowling alley and a medical facility. Her husband, Martin Alvarez, worked as a roofer. A medical condition made it too difficult for Angela to keep both jobs, while the economic recession made it impossible for Martin to find work. Unable to make their mortgage payments, Martin and Angela faced foreclosure.
Meet the Talamantoz Family
Jeff Talamantoz first came to Primavera with his wife, Vanessa, and his two sons, Juan and Jose. Both boys go by nicknames in the family. The oldest, at three years old, goes by 'Johny' and his younger brother, Juan, is called 'JoJo.' Both boys have cystic fibrosis and undergo a variety of treatments to manage the disease. The treatments are not cheap, and unfortunately, Jeff lost his job. Rent, utilities and therapy expenses became too much and the family was without a home.
Apply for Rental Housing
Please contact the leasing manager at each property for eligibility requirements. Rates listed below are as of November 2017.
(520) 390-9379 - For men who are chronically homeless with a disabling condition, Catalina House provides furnished rooms with shared bathrooms and common areas. Rent is 30% of income. A $225 security deposit is required. Utilities are included. Applicants must income qualify and be chronically homeless with a disabling condition at move-in. This is a drug and alcohol-free environment. Resource coordination, life skills groups, a community atmosphere, links to other services and employment/training opportunities are available.
SOUTH OF DOWNTOWN AREA
The Alamo Apartments
(520) 882-5383 x119 - The Alamo Apartments are furnished, efficiency apartments. Rents vary from $265 to $375 a month with a $225 deposit. Utilities are included. Applicants must income qualify at 80% or below AMI. This is a drug and alcohol-free environment with support services available by request.
(520) 882-5383 x119 - Five Points provides furnished private rooms. Rent is $380 with a $225 security deposit. Utilities and WiFi are included. Applicants must income qualify at 80% or below AMI. Resident shares a bathroom with one other person with a common kitchen, and dining/living room areas. Support services are available by request.
Las Abuelitas Family Housing and Community Center
(520) 882-5383 x160 - Las Abuelitas Family Housing offers recently built unfurnished, 2 and 3 bedroom, 1 ¾ bath apartments. Rents vary from $562 to $842 per month with a $500 security deposit. Applicants must income qualify. Energy-efficient units include a washer and dryer and walled patio. Features a community center with computer lab, solar covered parking, community garden, playground, and basketball court on site.
Women in Transition (WIT)
(520) 882-5383 x119 - WIT provides furnished rooms with shared bathrooms and common areas for unaccompanied women. Rent is $275 per month with a security deposit is $225. Utilities are included. Applicants must income qualify. A drug and alcohol-free environment, WIT provides a community atmosphere with support services available by request.
REID PARK AREA
(520) 747-7751 - The Winstel Apartments are fully furnished, junior 1 bedroom apartments. Rent is $415 per month with a $225 security deposit. Utilities are included. Applicants must income qualify at 80% or below AMI. This is a drug and alcohol-free environment with support services available by request.
Las Casitas Apartments
(520) 747-7751 - Las Casitas Apartments are unfurnished, 2-bedroom, 1 ¾ bath apartments. Rent is $475 per month with a $300 security deposit. Applicants must income qualify. Each unit includes a fireplace, dishwasher, washer/dryer hook-up, and walled patio.
Take a look at some of the properties we have available. Click on the thumbnails below to view the photos larger.