HOMEBUYER EDUCATION & HOMEOWNERSHIP
There are multiple options for people who are further along on their pathway out of poverty and seek long-term financial empowerment. Homebuyer education teaches low-to-moderate-income families more than how to purchase and maintain a house; it teaches them how to live their dream of having a home to finally call their own.
Free Homebuyer Education Classes
Primavera’s Homeownership program will help you find lenders, secure safe loans, and avoid predatory lending. Some first-time homebuyers may qualify for down payment assistance. Down payment assistance depends on the availability of funds and your income level. Consult with one of our housing counselors to find out if you may qualify.
To get started, call (520) 882-5383 x136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend an upcoming orientation session. Orientations are offered on Mondays in English or Wednesdays in Spanish.
Orientations and classes are held at our Administrative Offices located at the Jim & Vicki Click Training Center in Tucson, Arizona: 151 W. 40th St.
AT YOUR ORIENTATION SESSION:
You will be asked to provide the following documentation:
- Download Intake Form (English) / Download Intake Form (Español)
- photo ID
- Social Security card
- one-month proof of income (pay stubs, SSI, SSD or pension award letters, etc.)
- one-month bank statement (checking, savings accounts, etc.)
- $21.40 for a complete, individual credit report (or $42.80 per couple). You do not have to pay this fee if you bring a copy of a credit report that has been completed in the past three months.
"Happy Nest" Program - Free Homebuyer Post-Purchase Classes
Congratulations on the purchase of your home! Please join us for continued education to ensure your success as a homeowner. We will review the importance of:
- financial health and saving for the future
- community involvement
- lending after homeownership
- the importance of keeping your credit in good standing
- staying on top of Insurance
- home repairs & maintenance
- energy & utility efficiency
- crime prevention & safety
Affordable Homeownership Opportunities
You will love living in a new home! These new, site-built homes are made possible by a generous grant from Project Reinvest, for the Primavera Foundation to build upon its successful, multisector neighborhood revitalization strategies in the City of South Tucson. Call us to learn more at (520) 882-5383 x136.