Security – Primavera provides a variety of financial education and asset-building services, including incentive-based savings plans as it partners with individuals and families seeking long-term financial empowerment.
Her Family - Free Financial Empowerment Classes for Mothers and Daughters
Her Family program is a special program single mothers and their daughters to learn all about building a healthy financial future. Plus, it pays to participate—Primavera is providing money for you and your daughter just for participating in classes.
- Work with a financial counselor one-on-one to create an action plan that will get your credit in shape.
- Prepare a family budget.
- Open a savings account and begin saving for the future. Earn $125 to start off! And, a $10 grocery gift card for each of the first three (3) one-on-one financial counseling sessions attended.
- Be eligible to participate in Primavera’s additional financial education programs:
- Credit Counseling
- "Happy Nest" Homebuyer Post-Purchasing
- Participate in family budgeting.
- Attend classes provided by the Girl Scouts and/or The University of Arizona Credit Wise Cats.
- Open a savings account and begin saving for the future. Earn $65 to start off!
The classes are geared towards single women and their daughters. You are eligible for the program if you are a single woman with a daughter(s) between the ages of 6 and 17.
Register for Classes
The Her Family program has three steps.
- Attend an orientation session. They are offered on Mondays in English or Wednesdays in Spanish.
- Start attending Financial Empowerment classes. Class schedules will be provided at orientation.
- Meet one-on-one with a financial counselor.
To start, simply call (520) 882-5383 x136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for an upcoming orientation session. Orientations and classes are held at the Primavera's Administrative Offices located at the Jim & Vicki Click Training Center: 151 W. 40th St.
You will be asked to provide the following documentation at your orientation session:
- Intake form (Download Now)
- Photo ID
- Social security card
- One month proof of income (pay stubs, SSI, SSD or pension award letters, etc.)
- 1-month bank statement (checking, savings accounts, etc.)
- $25.00 for a complete credit report (or $45.00 per couple). You do not have to pay this fee if you bring a copy of a credit report that has been completed in the past three months.
Mis Abuelitos - Free Financial Empowerment Classes for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
The Mis Abuelitos program is similar to the Her Family mother-daughter program, yet for grandparents raising their grandchildren.
The classes are geared towards grandparents raising their grandchildren. You are eligible for the program if you are a grandparent raising your grandchild(ren) between the ages of 6 and 17.
Register for Classes
To register, please follow the same steps mentioned above in the Her Family program.